Whether this acceleration in AQIM operations in Algeria will be effective in reviving the fortunes of the Algerian militants is unclear. The worsening regional picture and the increasing domestic troubles facing by the Algerian government could represent a major opportunity for AQIM to further increase its operational profile in Algeria. Internal rivalries could also push some factions to act more vigorously to reaffirm their power and influence within the organization. The ability of AQIM to return to its 2007-2008 levels of violence in Algeria remains weak; however, it is undisputable that the strategic context in Algeria has changed slightly in favor of AQIM in the last few months.
- lnkd.in/e4z-buh 1 week ago
- RT @JamestownTweets: A Tumultuous, Informal Polyarchy: Algeria Between Clans, Old Threats and a Boiling Youth by @med_eye: https://t.co/gD2… 2 weeks ago
- #Tunisia formalises the amendments to the anti-#terrorism law shemsfm.net/fr/actualites_… 2 weeks ago
- "chouia" biased... northafricapost.com/27572-joint-se… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ricfabiani: It was a real pleasure to work with these great people on a topic that is usually approached from a security perspective. I… 2 weeks ago